Hubbard Park at Palmer Centennial Place
606 South Broad Mankato, MN 56001-3817
At Warren Street
The Blue Earth Co. Museum (the house) while the gardens are maintained by the Twilight Garden Club.
Admittance to garden areas is free
Fee is charged for touring the house (open selected hours)
Free street parking
These award winning gardens are next door to a house built in 1871 by R.D. Hubbard, the co-founder of Hubbard Milling Co. which made “Mother Hubbard Flour”. In 1994, the French second empire house was restored to a 1905 vintage. The adjoining formal landscaped Victorian gardens were a gift to the city on the centennial of the Hubbard Milling Company in 1978. They were designed and built by Minneapolis architect Foster Dunwiddie and landscape architects Charles Wood Associates from Jordan, Minnesota to produce accurate vintage gardens. Flowers are planted in formal parterres. Period plants were used as shrubbery and for the long perennial beds. Paths are of crushed rock and vintage light fixtures from 1900 were recast to lend further authenticity to the site.